Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cotes Du Rhone par Kermit Lynch 2007

Cotes Du Rhone par Kermit Lynch 2007

Every time I hit the wine store I try to pick up a bottle from France- a special bottle, or one with a wine spectator review- or a name or place I recognize from my travels. I don't tend to cellar much wine (although I did find a case I forgot about- as soon as my wife allows me to have some that is) so most of the wines I grab are for immediate consumption.

This bottle was excellent. Best of all- and I don't typically do this- I finished the whole bottle in one evening. Better than that? No hangover. I don't know if it was the low sulfites or just luck, but this was an excellent wine and it went down oh-so-smooth.

I'll have to pick up a few bottles to keep around for folks that don't like reds- or are sensitive to them. In fact, I'll follow up after MAO tries some to see if she could drink it.

Priced at $7.99 - excellent value.

No comments: